Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day Two

Weight: 270.8

Blood Sugar: 295

So, result!

This is about in line with what I expected. In fact, my blood sugars were down to 260 or last night - the 295 here is the result of the Dawn Phenomenon. The weight is about in line with expectations - I could tell from all the bathroom trips I was dropping water like a fiend. We'll see how much more of that we get.

Some random stuff:

I was a testing fiend yesterday, and none of what I ate had any effect at all on blood sugar. It stayed fairly steady at 375 until it dropped in the evening. So indeed, meat and spinach are neutral here.

I was wondering if my workout would drop my blood sugar down - nope. Not immediately, in any case. It was the same after the workout as before. I didn't have any trouble getting through the workout, but I didn't expect to, either.

Hunger was fairly limited. I'm not restricting how much I eat at this point, so that figured. I did get sort of cravingy (totally a word) round about three yesterday afternoon. Not really hunger per se, but I wanted to eat. So I did. Protein shake and cheese. My breakfast yesterday was grilled chicken and spinach with some oil. This was pretty low calories, maybe 250 calories, despite being a good chunk of food.

Today, I started out with beef and a lot more calories for breakfast (and a lot more fat) to see i satiety could be increased. So we'll see how that goes. I expect it to be able to sail on to evening without hunger/cravings.

I got the same urge to eat last night around ten, as well. Not hunger, but appetite. I could have eaten some cheese, but I thought I'd see what happens. AFter twenty minutes or so, the urge went away.

That, I think, is mental. The mind game part of this is likely to be the hardest bit, so I'm trying to stay on top of that - eating different stuff from day to day, for instance. I believe I will fry up some bacon to have on hand as something to eat that doesn't need cooked and isn't cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment